ASOF TURKEY 2016 SPORTIVE CARP FISHING COMPETITION
ASOF CARP TURKEY 2016
Permission No: Permission letter no 67852565-140-06-2032, dated 08.08.2016 by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock, General Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture
Date: 31 August – 1,2,3,4 September 2016
Place: Gölköy Dam / Bolu
Draw Starting Date and Hour: 30 August 2016 / Tuesday / 17.00
Competition Starting Date and Hour: 31 August 2016 / Wednesday / 07.00
Competition Finishing Date and Hour: 4 September 2016 / Sunday / 10.00
PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION
The purpose of the “ASOF 2016 Turkey Sportive Carp Fishing Competition” which will be held in Bolu – Gölköy Dam by Amateur and Sportive Angling Federation (ASOF) is to encourage angling by promoting, endearing the sportive angling and contributing to its development. Various prizes will be given to those ranking in this competition that will be held within the framework of Notification Rules Regulating Aquaculture Fishing for Amateur Purposes in force during the dates when the competition will take place with Aquaculture Act Number 1380.
INFORMATION ON THE COMPETITION
This competition organized by ASOF has started to be announced on 4 August 2016, and preliminary applications will end on 10 August 2016. The references given by member associations of ASOF will be taken into consideration for the method determining 35 teams that will compete after the preliminary applications. The number of teams specified by the Organization Committee is a total of 38 teams including 35 master and 3 reserve teams. Organization Committee reserves the right to make changes for the number of teams that will compete.
In this competition, Aquaculture Act no. 1380, Aquaculture Regulation, the Notification Regulating the Aquaculture Fishing for Amateur Purposes in effect during the dates of competition and the rules specified below by ASOF shall be complied.
- The competition will be held for a single species, and this species is carp. The teams fishing other species (excluding ecologically harmful fishes in inland waters) shall be disqualified if they don’t return these fishes to the water. In case of fishing ecologically harmful fishes in inland waters, these fishes shall not return to the water, their kinds and quantities shall be determined in written by sector referees, and delivered to the representatives sent during the competition by Provincial Directorate of Food Agriculture and Livestock. These information shall also be included in the form indicating the competition statistics and the amount of fishes caught to be given to General Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture by ASOF.
- The fish caught must be above 40 cm for being evaluated and recorded by the referees. In the event of not returning immediately these fishes to the water, the team which doesn’t return shall be disqualified as well as the fishes under this limit shall not be evaluated. The teams and competitors who are disqualified because of this article can’t participate in competitions that will be organized by ASOF.
- The teams participating in the competition are forbidden from starting a fire (except for grill), reflecting headlights and every kind of light towards the water, speaking loudly in such a manner that will annoy other teams and listening to music. The competing teams shall park their vehicles parallel to the water (side). Vehicle parking place for the teams is the area behind the sector. In the event of inconvenience of the area behind the sector for parking because of field conditions, they can park in another place on condition that the sector referee is notified. The teams which don’t adhere to these rules shall be first shown yellow card, in case of persistence of violations red card shall be shown and they shall be disqualified.
- The fish caught shall be felted and laid down directly on wet carp mat, the fishing apparatus in its mouth shall be removed under referee supervision. Photo and video shooting of the team and caught fish shall be performed by the people appointed by the organizing committee and referees responsible for the sector. Additionally, each team is free to make its own shooting. The photograph card in Annex 1 prepared in A3 dimensions, shall be distributed by team captains prior to the competition. After completion of measuring and weighing every fish caught, these data shall be written on the photograph card by referees, the competitors taking part in the team and the fishes caught shall be recorded with the information in a legible manner on this card by taking their photos by the people who are appointed by the organizing committee and the referees responsible for the sector.The fishes which are not registered with photos shall not be evaluated by table referees. Visual shootings should be performed rapidly and without harming the fish because all fishes (excluding ecologically harmful fishes in inland waters) caught shall be returned to the water. If the signs of life are negative for the fish to be returned to the water and this is caused by the competing team, this fish shall be disqualified from the competition. The team shall also be disqualified in case of repetition of this situation.
- Nobody except competitors, referees and those appointed by the organization committee and press members can enter into the area having 40 meters between two sectors and fronting 10 meters on to the water allocated for competition of the teams. Sector layout plan is available in Annex 2 and it has been specified in detail how and by whom it might be used.
- Catching fishes, throwing and pulling the lines and measuring and weighing operation for the fish scooped in the area allowed in Annex 2 shall be performed in the sectors fronting 10 meters on to the water. Feeding and line leaving / line throwing distance is limited to 250 meters, there will be buoys showing the alignments with feeding and line leaving / line throwing distances for the teams 270 meters away from the sectors fronting 10 meters.
- Competitors can enter into the water to scoop the fish caught and to return the fish measured. The competitor who pull the fishing line during taking the fish towards the shore must not go out of the 10-meter sector allocated to the team, and the competitor who scooped the fish must also not enter into the 10-meter sector area allocated to the teams next to him by using the area of 40 square meters (a total of 90 meters) located in the right and left of the sector. A visual presentation is available in sector layout plant contained in Annex 2. The fish caught shall not be evaluated because it is regarded as violation of the rule if the fish caught is trapped by materials used by other teams during pulling towards the shore. ASOF shall not be held responsible for material damages given to materials of other teams and the losses that may occur during this situation.
- Teams consist of minimum 2 competitors up to 4 competitors including one team captain. Teams are required to draw lots and be ready in their sectors with at least two competitors in order to start and continue the competition.
- If the teams leave their sectors and withdraw the competition by informing the sector referee due to compelling reasons, they are evaluated with the fishes caught until that moment and they can’t go back to the competition. The fishes caught by the teams which withdraw the competition and leave their sectors without the knowledge and permission of the referees are not evaluated and this team is disqualified. Team members can only leave their sectors in order to satisfy their essential needs on condition that within the knowledge of referees and at least one competitor stay in the sector.
- Each team can fish with a maximum of 4 sets of fishing lines (4 machines and 4 fishing rods) and can keep spare materials as they want for these sets (reeds, machines, fishing lines, hooks, leads and other materials). Rod sets and the machine to be used for feeding rocket and market are excluded from the definition of the rod sets 4-set. Each team is obliged to keep at hand their scoops and carp mat to be used.
- In this competition, the use of 1 hooked bottom fishing gear and the presence of hairy assembly so the bait will remain out of the hook shall be allowed, and it is forbidden to use other apparatuses. Competitors’ materials, baits and fishing gears can be inspected by referees during the competition (even if the fishing lines are in the water). Live or dead bait or bead and similar hard materials are not allowed, and teams can’t use baits more than 25 kg throughout the competition. The teams in breach of this article shall be disqualified directly without warning with yellow card. Teams and competitor who are disqualified pursuant to this article can’t participate in any competition to be organized by ASOF.
- Teams should not use fixed leads, but should use apparatuses allowing fishes to escape from the lead in the event of breaking off the set when the fish is caught. (Safety lead clip etc., in-line installation and so on.)
- Teams are allowed to use leads coated with synthetic materials or metals insoluble in water throughout the competition. The use of bare leads will certainly not be allowed because of leads causing heavy metal contamination and solving in water. Teams using bare leads will be disqualified.
- Teams which will throw from the shore are obliged to use shock leader (anti-shock throwing fishing line) that prevents breakage during the throw.
- Instruments like electric motors or inflatable rowing boats, remote controlled baiting boats, slings, rockets, throwing rods and water-soluble bait bags can be used for baiting. It is free to leave fishing rods from electric motor or inflatable rowing boats and remote controlled baiting boats. Baiting shall be made between 06:00-09:00 at morning and 17:00-19:30 at evening, and baiting hours may also be released, restricted or changed according to the decision to be taken by the competition director. No baiting can be done from 19:30 to 06:00. Entering into water with electric motor or inflatable rowing boats is allowed to pick up fishes under the supervision of the referees from 19:30 to 06:00. In the meantime, it is allowed only to replace the bait of the fishing line from which the fish is picked up. Violation of these rules will result in disqualification without being warned with a yellow card.
- Teams that will bait and throw fishing lines from the shore must throw vertical to the shore by entering into water if necessary from within the 10-meter sector allocated for them.
- Maximum two competitors are allowed in electric motor or inflatable rowing boats setting forth towards the water in order to bait, leave fishing lines and to scoop and pull the fish caught towards the shore for the teams consisting of three or four competitors. (In case of the fishing lines are in the water, it is obligatory to keep a competitor at the fishing gears by taking into consideration the possibility of catching a fish at any moment.) Inflatable boats must be in compliance with the standards. Competitors are responsible for this compliance. In necessary cases, referees may not allow competitors to open to the water with inappropriate inflatable boats. Carrying capacity of the boats must be observed.
- Competitors who will bait and leave fishing lines from inflatable boats must wear lifejackets suitable for their weights and carry whistles for emergencies, and it is prohibited to open to the water by wearing inguinal boots and waders. Competitor/competitors who will open with boats must are obliged to wear lifejackets securely and place/tighten their security clips carefully. Each competitor and team is responsible for their own life safety. Opening to the water with inflatable boat without lifejackets results in disqualification. In cases where not deemed appropriate by the competition director and sector referees, during excessive rain and windy conditions, baiting and leaving fishing lines are not allowed with inflatable boats and remote controlled baiting boats.
- If the fish caught by the fishing line before 10.00 which is the finishing hour of the competition is not still scooped at the end of the competition, an additional time of 30 minutes is given to the team or teams competing after the end of the competition. This period certainly won’t be extended. The fish must be scooped within 30 minutes after the end of the competition. Any fish scooped after this period will not be evaluated.
- Teams can use walkie-talkies to communicate with their competitors in electric motor or inflatable rowing boats. Communication by shouting is punished with a yellow card. In case of repetition of this behavior, the team is disqualified with a red card.
- The teams setting their camps behind the 10-meter limited sector area shall not enter to the limited sector area and also shall not bring their materials into this limited sector area before 31 August 2016 Wednesday 07.00 am which is the time for starting competition. Moreover, no competitor and team shall not enter into the water and shall not place any material into the water before 07.00 am. (Baiting boat, inflatable boat, marker, fishing line, fishing rod etc.)
- In case of any verbal or physical bullying by any competitor to any competitor, referees, competition director, any officer within the organization and appointed by the organization committee, the team of this competitor is disqualified from the competition. The teams and competitors who are disqualified because of this article can’t participate in competitions that will be organized by ASOF.
Each team and competitor is deemed to have accepted to comply with Aquaculture Act no. 1380, Aquaculture Regulation, the Notification Regulating the Aquaculture Fishing for Amateur Purposes in effect during the dates of competition and the rules determined and specified clearly here by ASOF from the moment participating in the competition. A competition agreement will be signed by all competitors before the competition, and the competitors who don’t sign the competition agreement can’t participate in the competition. ASOF is entitled and reserved the right to make changes to all rules and prizes specified for this competition. There will be a refrigerator for preservation of foodstuffs as well as the registration table in the area to be formed for enabling guests and competitors to get acquainted and meet with each other without disturbing the teams away from the sectors, and at the same time tea, water and similar necessities can be satisfied. ASOF will continuously have an attendant in this area. The teams settled in their sectors are responsible for cleaning both the possible garbage in their sectors and the garbage on the surface of the water and also for picking up all kind of garbage etc. materials that will cause visual pollution. All teams are obliged to collect their garbage and throw them into garbage bins placed along the roadside at the end of the competition.
ATTENDANTS, REFEREES and COPYRIGHTS
- The competition will be under administration of the organization committee appointed by the ASOF Executive Board, the competition director, sector referees and table referees. The people who are appointed by ASOF are those who take care of the needs of the teams and referees for regular execution of the organization. The regulatory commission can make changes to the number, powers and places of the attendants when deems necessary for enabling them to fulfill their tasks properly.
- Organization Regulatory Commission: It is responsible for the entire organization.
- Competition Director: It is responsible for the works of sector referees and table referees and for organizing the entire referee team.
- Sector Referees: It consists of at least 2 persons. Camping sites and tents are in the appropriate area behind the sector where they’re responsible. Sector referees shall have weighing bag, video and photo recording device, meter and electronic scales. First the length of the fish caught shall be measured by laying on the wet mat of the competitor, then it shalll be weighed with the soaked weighing bag by the referee team and at last the tare of the empty weighing bag shall be determined and deducted from the weight of the fish, and all these data shall be recorded in the minutes against signature. They are obliged to give one copy of the signed minutes to the team captain, one copy to the table referees provided that one copy remains with them.
- Table Referees: They are responsible for informing all competing teams at least once a day by recording all information given them by the referees responsible for sectors, and responsible for the preparation of competition statistics to be announced at the end of the competition, to be shared with written and visual press by the organization commission.
- All written and visual rights and income-generating activities, reports of the competition shall belong to ASOF. Competitors, associations and third parties can never claim any copyrights from TV shoots, photos, reports, articles and books. Everyone participated in this competition is deemed to have accepted to give ASOF one copy of videos, pictures and written documents when requested.
THE COMPETITION WILL BE HELD IN TWO CATEGORIES
- Category (THE BIGGEST FISH): Teams will compete to catch the heaviest fish, and the evaluation will be based on a single fish and the team which catches the heaviest fish will be awarded.
- Category (THE MOST FISH): It will be based on the total weight of all fishes caught by the teams and evaluated and the teams ranking among the top three will be awarded.
- Category (THE BIGGEST FISH): The lengths of the fishes shall be decisive if the fishes caught have same weights because of weights shall be decisive during the evaluation. In the event of continuation of the equality, the team containing female competitor, and if there is no female competitors, the team with the youngest age average shall be given priority.
- Category (THE MOST FISHES): The quantities of the fishes shall be decisive if the fishes caught have same weights because of weights shall be decisive during the evaluation. In the event of continuation of the equality, the team containing female competitor, and if there is no female competitors, the team with the youngest age average shall be given priority. The competing teams can rank in both categories with all fishes caught.
- Category: While the prize money 5.000-TL (Fivethousand Turkish Lira) will be equally divided and given to the competitors of the team ranked first as a result of the evaluation, and each competitor of the team will be awarded special cups, medals made by ASOF together with various materials and shopping vouchers provided by the sponsors.
- Category: While the prize money 5.000-TL (Fivethousand Turkish Lira) will be equally divided and given to the competitors of the team ranked first as a result of the evaluation, the prize money 3.000-TL (Threethousand Turkish Lira) will be equally divided and given to the competitors of the team ranked second, and the prize money 2.000-TL (Twothousand Turkish Lira) will be equally divided and given to the competitors of the team ranked third.
Additionally, each competitor of the teams ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be awarded special cups, medals made by ASOF together with various materials and shopping vouchers provided by the sponsors.
Furthermore, various materials and shopping vouchers will also be given as gifts by the sponsors to the teams catching the first and last fish of the competition, the teams catching the biggest and most fishes of a day, the teams catching the smallest fishes within the limits and female and youngest competitors.
DRAWING OF LOTS
Drawing of lots for this competition that will start on 31 August 2016 Wednesday at 07.00 am, will start on 30 August 2016 Tuesday at 17.00 and will be made in two stages including Queue Determination Drawing and Sector Determination Draw as described below. Every team is obliged to attend the draw itself, and can’t give authority or power of attorney to another team.
Queue Determination Drawing (17.00 – 17.20)
The teams which are ready in the competition area on 30 August 2016 Tuesday at 17.00 shall draw lots until 17.20 in order to determine their turns for the team’s sector determination drawing.
Sector Determination Drawing (17.20 – 17.45)
The team that has participated in Queue Determination Drawing and has drawn lot, waits for its turn from 17.20 for Sector Determination Drawing, when its turn comes it draws lot and determines its sector for competing. The teams that couldn’t participate in queue determination drawing directly participate in sector determination drawing based on their sequence reaching the competition area and can’t participate in this drawing without completion of sector determination drawing procedure of the teams which have previously participated in queue determination drawing. A meeting of teams will be held at 20.00 after drawing procedure on Tuesday. The meeting is open to all competitors and each team captain is obliged to attend the meeting.
31 August – 1,2,3 September 2016 / Wednesday – Thursday – Friday – Saturday
An area will be created where the guests coming to the organization can talk with the organization committee, referees and competitors. There’re water, tea, toilet and a snack bar where they can satisfy their needs in this area. The guests coming to the organization area are strictly prohibited from entering into the teams’ sectors. Transportation to the competition area, camping and food necessities shall be met by the teams themselves and the needs such as water, bread will be met by ASOF. In addition, there will be a refrigerator in the event space for foods that may spoil.
4 September 2016/Sunday
After 10.00 am, the hour when the competition will end, the reports of the fishes caught throughout the competition will be examined by table referees and the teams ranked, the weights, lengths and quantities of the fishes caught by those teams will be announced as well as the prizes to be given will be prepared.
While the teams ranked successfully in the competition are awarded at the awards ceremony to be held at the end of the day, photo and video shooting will be made for immortalizing the day.
This competition organized by ASOF is taking place with 67852565-140-06-2032 numbered, 08.08.2016 dated permission given by Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock, General Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture, and those except competitors are prohibited from fishing throughout the competition as per the provisions of The Notification Regulating the Aquaculture Fishing for Amateur Purposes in the area allocated to the competition.
We would like to express our gratitude to all institutions, organizations and individuals with nature lover amateur and sporty anglers for their support during preparation of this competition.
Amateur and Sportive Angling Federation.
ASOF Executive Board
0533 810 38 58
0533 129 71 91